Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Pancakes, Primal style

READERS: since I am so busy with kids, gym, home and husband, my intentions with this blog is to give you all meal ideas and to show you what we eat on a regular basis.  I actually cook quite simply and my posts will be simple (not too many words or pictures).  I'm tellin' you, this is NOT difficult and is totally DOABLE for any busy family.  AND, it's tasty even for the young palates.

With that said, some of these recipes are not mine.  I do make up some stuff on my own, but for the most part I get my recipes and meal ideas from others.

This one is a Mark Sisson (Primal Blue Print) recipe.  Thanks, Kimberlie for the awesome cookbook!  I know very little about publishing, so I hope I'm not doing anything illegal with publishing this to my website...


Ingredients:
1 (or so) cups of fresh berries, chopped
4 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Heat a skillet, butter, and add chopped berries.

While they cook down a bit, place egg whites in a Kitchen aid mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat until stiff.

In a bowl combine the yolks, vanilla and cinnamon.

Add yolk mixture to whites and fold it in.  Make sure your whites stay stiff.  Don't over mix.

Top the berries with the egg mixture.  Do not touch!  Heat a few minutes, then transfer to the oven.



Bake 10-12 minutes, or until set and golden brown.

Remove from the oven, top it with a plate and flip the "pancake" onto the cake.  Now the berries are on top and the pancake on bottom.

Top with whipped cream!

I serve this with scrambled eggs and browned chicken sausage.






LASTLY, go get this cookbook!  I've made several things from it and I love it!  Super easy and super yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment