Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

All Out Burgers

These burgers have sort of evolved over time.  Every time I made them my husband or I would say "hmmm, this or that would be good on the burger, too".  So, here you go, our version of the turkey burger, all decked out!

First, I get the burgers (ground beef or ground turkey, your preference) on the grill.  While the burgers are cooking I cook the toppings on a griddle.  Our toppings of choice:


  • grated sweet potato
  • uncured turkey bacon
  • onions and mushrooms
  • "fried" eggs
  • jalapeños
  • goat cheese
  • raw cheddar cheese*
  • avocados (not pictured because I already made my kids' burgers and used them on their burgers)




Our final product:

 I chose a little sweet potato, turkey bacon, onions and mushrooms, an egg and a slice of cheddar cheese.  SO GOOD!
Jonathan chose sweet potato, turkey bacon, goat cheese, jalapeños and egg.











You know what really makes these?  The egg on top!  When you cut into the burger some of the egg yolk juices out!  So freakin' good!

*We eat raw dairy.  Soon I'll dedicate a post to raw dairy products.




No comments:

Post a Comment