Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Raw Kale Salad




So, for everyone who knows me well knows I've experimented with just about every "style" of eating there is under the sun.  This is one I learned while on a raw foods diet.  It's one that has stuck with us over the years.

OK, I'll admit, this is not a Heather original.  It's from The Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/massaged-kale-salad-recipe/index.html).  But, it's so good I have to share it with y'all.

The ingredients are simple; it's the technique that may be new to you.  I'll explain myself in the directions.

RAW KALE SALAD

1 bunch kale
1/4 t salt
2 to 3 T extra virgin olive oil
1 mango, cut into pieces
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) raw or toasted will work
juice of 1 lemon

Remove the kale leaves from the stems and tear them into small pieces.  Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt.  Massage these wet ingredients into the kale for a few minutes.  The leaves should now look wilted.  Add the mango and pepitas and incorporate them into the kale.  Voila!  That's it!  This salad will last in the refrigerator for several days.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment